Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthdays and new things

Hi all
Im hoping you're all well in your part of the world.

In this week's edition of not much happening I've got a new baby.... yep my hubby, mum and dad chipped in and provided me with some money as a substitute to a birthday present to go out and buy a new machine. I think they'd had enough of me swearing at my old machine and teaching the kids all sorts of colourful new words.

She's a Bernina Bernadette. I have a feeling she's the type of machine that is marketed to a 20 something that wants to sew and has alittle bit more money to buy a step up from a basic machine... but I love her. The kids are pretty impressed that it beeps and lights up too.
Photo by Miss G... she's getting better at the photography.

My first project was a small cushion using some lovely materials sent by Lisa a few weeks ago. Im not sure if its going into one of the girls rooms.. its currently sitting in the dining room waiting for a new home.

One of the many embroidery stitches available on the machine.

Otherwise, Ive been cross stitching a wedding present that now has no hope of being finished in time and planning a few more dresses for my girls.

Wishing you a lovely week :)




3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sofie and congratulations to your new toy. I hope you'll be very happy together for a long time. Lovely stitching by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Lovely machine. I hope you have many years of fun together! The cushion looks great. Why can't I think of things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete